1. Are there fees for applying to WURI ?
The WURI Ranking is a not-for-profit program, so there are no fees nor any hidden costs for this application and evaluation process. There are also no marketing activities involved with this program or its participants.
2. How is the evaluation of the submitted applications processed?
There are three phases for evaluation.
(1) Evaluation: The presidents, who have been invited to submit their applications, will evaluate all applications.
(2) Judgment: The representatives of the university leagues (e.g., AAC&U) and higher education-related media (e.g., newspapers, magazines), and the members of the WURI Evaluation Board will review the Evaluators’ evaluation scores.
(3) Final Check: The WURI Evaluation Board aggregates the recommendations of the Judges, checks the reliability of the contents in the submitted applications, and finalizes the entries in the “Global Top 100 WURI 2020.”
3. Can only HLU (Hanseatic League of Universities) members participate in WURI ranking?
The HLU membership is not required to participate in WURI, but strongly recommended as you will also benefit from sharing the HLU’s noble objectives of openness and cooperation.
4. How is WURI ensure the fair review?
The WURI ranking uses a title-blind review process. We will replace the name of your university in the title of the project with three asterisks (***). You may, however, mention your university name in the content of the template at your discretion.
5. Can I submit a joint application?
Two or more applicants can jointly submit applications if the programs have been jointly developed and/or implemented in such cases of double-degree programs, research consortia, or other similar collaborative projects. If the joint programs are selected, all of the applicants will be co-ranked.
6. Can I submit applications for more than one category?
Applicants can apply for one or more of the following four categories: (i) industrial application, (ii) entrepreneurial spirit, (iii) ethical value, and (iv) student mobility and openness. They can be ranked in more than one or all of the four categories if they have entered more than one category.
7. Can I submit multiple applications for one category?
Applicants can submit more than one program for each category. If an applicant has multiple programs ranked in one category, only the highest ranked program will appear in the official ranking list.