Invitation to World’s Universities with Real Impact (WURI) 2023
President, Franklin University Switzerland
Second President, Hanseatic League of Universities
President, The Institute for Industrial Policy Studies
Director, Division for People, The United Nations Institute for Training and Research
Dear President / Rector / Chancellor,
We wish to thank you for your warm support toward the WURI (World’s Universities with Real Impact) Ranking. Now in its fourth year, we cordially invite you to participate in the WURI Ranking 2023, where the forthcoming conference will be held at Florida Gulf Coast University on May 14-18, 2023.
The measure for this ranking is the creative and innovative programs among universities that provides an important contribution toward enhancing research and education.
The WURI Ranking evaluates the universities focusing on the following six key issues:
1) Industrial application rather than the traditional way of counting research papers and lecture-type teaching
2) Value-creating startups and entrepreneurship as opposed to the common practice of measuring the number of jobs filled
3) Social responsibility, ethics, and integrity, which is a more valuable approach compared to those that only consider the knowledge and skills required for material success
4) Student mobility and openness for exchange and collaboration between schools across national borders that is more encompassing than an independent yet closed system
5) Crisis management in the midst of climate change, COVID-19 pandemic, and other global and local crisis
6) Progress during the Fourth Industrial Revolution through digital technology, artificial intelligence, big data, cloud services, blockchain, and so on
To participate in the WURI Ranking 2023, please complete the attached template with your innovative program(s). The due date for the submission is October 31, 2022, and we will open the online submitting system in late September (This will be announced via email). Early submission is encouraged and applicants can still revise their applications up until the final due date.
You may choose one or more of the six categories outlined above that best highlights the activities and impact of the programs at your university. The guidelines for application are attached below along with the template.
In respect of the ranking system, we believe that a peer review process is the most effective approach. Therefore, once you have submitted your application for the WURI Ranking, you will be appointed as the evaluator for the “Global Top 100 Innovative Universities.” As an evaluator, you will evaluate the innovative programs from other contending universities to be selected for entry into the final ranking. Not only will this process be fair but it will also provide opportunities for participants to learn more about the innovative programs of other universities around the world. Should you need any further information, please feel free to contact me (email@example.com).
Founding Director, The WURI Ranking
Professor Emeritus, Graduate School of International Studies,
Seoul National University